Neutron beam reactors
Neutrons, as compared to X-rays, electron beams or light … display a particular property: being without electrical charge, they deeply penetrate most materials.
This means that large samples of semi-finished products or even components can undergo neutronic testing. No prior surface treatment is required and tests are non-destructive.
The results are applied in various fields such as:
- Mobility of organic molecules in soils
- Optimisation of magnetic properties of multilayer materials
- Setting of bioactive regeneration for bone growth
- Study of carbon nanotubes properties
- Study of magnetic correlations in superconductors
- Study of surfactants
- Crystallography and under constraint modifications / Measurement of residual constraints
- Setting of new polymers
- General support to nanotechnologies